What is Dengue fever?
Dengue fever is also called as the break bone fever. It is an mosquito borne viral disease which mostly occurs in the tropical and the subtropical areas. The persons who are infected with the virus for the second time are at a significantly greater risk of developing severe disease. This dengue fever is the worst viral infection that affect millions of people every year. The fact there is no medical treatment for the disease makes scenario worst.
WARNING SIGNS OF DENGUE:
A patient display the warning signs of dengue fever approximately 80% of the people who have this kind of fever show mild symptoms 5% of patients show severe symptoms and 1% cases may rove to be fatal.
SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE FEVER
- DENGUE FEVER
Muscle and joint pains
- DENGUE HEMORRHAGIC FEVER
Low levels of blood platelets
Low blood pressure
Damage to lymph and blood vessels
- DENGUE SHOCK SYNDROME
Or a fast drop of blood pressure
ETIOLOGY OF DENGUE:
The dengue virus is an RNA virus which is transmitted by the mosquitoes or ticks. The dengue fever genome contains about 11000 nucleotide bases, these code for 3 different types of protein molecules(C,PRM,E) that forms the virus particle and 7 other structural protein molecule (NS1,NS2a, NS3,NS4a,NS4b,NS5) that are found in the infected host cells only and required for the replication of the virus.
DIAGNOSIS OF DENGUE:
The diagnosis of the dengue fever can be confirmed by the microbiological laboratory testing’s.
This is done by the isolation of virus in cell cultures, nucleic acid detection by the PCR, viral antigen detection i.e. NS1 or specific antibodies.
TREATMENT OF DENGUE:
There is no specific test to treat dengue fever.
The primary treatment is done by prescribing the pain relievers with acetaminophen which can ease the headaches and pain associated with dengue fever. Pain relievers with aspirin or ibuprofen should be avoided, which will make bleeding more likely.
And the intravenous (IV) fluids and electrolyte (salts) are given to replace the lost through vomiting or diarrhea. In the early stages, this treatment is enough to effectively treat the direct. In the advanced cases, doctors had to do blood transfusions.
PREVENTION OF DENGUE:
Should avoid going outside at night in high risk areas
Mosquito nets help in keeping mosquitoes away from people and reduce infection rates and transmission of malaria.
Apply insect repellents to the exposed skin, particularly at dusk and overnight
Air conditioning and mesh protection at the windows may help to prevent insects from entering a bedroom at night.
Always try to maintain proper hygienic conditions.
Remove all standing water around your home. Mosquitoes lay their eggs and mature in water.
Wear long sleeved shirts and pants to keep your skin covered.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO TREAT DENGUE FEVER:
Irrespective of the type of dengue fever here are some popular and effective home remedies :
1) DRINK SUFFICIENT WATER: Excessive sweating during dengue can lead to dehydration. As a result we must take lot of fluids to stay hydrated. Drink water at frequent intervals. by being hydrated we can also reduce symptoms such as headaches, muscle cramps. The toxins in the body complicate impact of viral pathogens. Water helps in flushing out toxins from body.
2) JUICE OF PAPAYA LEAVES: Papaya leaf juice in another effective remedy for the cure of dengue fever . The leaves have mix of organic and nutrients compounds which help in increasing platelet count . These juice is having high amount of vitamin C which stimulate immune system. The antioxidants present in papaya juice help in reducing the stress and remove toxins from the body.
3) CHEW BASIL LEAVES: Basil leaves are miraculous herbs that helps in improving overall immunity. Chew 5-6 basil leaves boosts immunity and has been recommended as effective ayurvedic treatment . These leaves have essential oils with natural insecticidal properties.
4) NEEM LEAVES: Neem leaves have medical properties, steep these neem leaves and drink the brew to increase platelet and white blood cell count. These also help in improving the immune system.
5) ORANGE JUICE: Oranges are rich in antioxidants and vitamins help in treating secondary symptoms of dengue. This helps in eliminating the virus, this promote antibodies in immune system, increases urination, there by releasing toxins from body.
” TAKE CARE …. BE HEALTHY”
M KEERTHI KUMARI